All news related with Ahmet Davutoğlu
All news that
include Ahmet Davutoğlu Please click.
All news that include Ahmet Davutoğlu
- Obama hosts exclusive dinner for Erdoğan at the White House 17.05.2013
/ U.S. President Obama hosted Prime Minister Erdoğan for a dinner that went over three hours Thursday night at the White House. Attended by an exclusive few, the main focus was on the crisis in Syria.
- Davutoğlu meets with the last Ottomans 09.03.2013
/ Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu met with members of the Osmanoğlu family residing in England at a dinner hosted by the Turkish Embassy in London. Nearly 20 members of the Osmanoğlu family, who are direct descendents of the Ottoman Sultans, attended the event including Sultan Abdülmecid's grandsons Osman Selahaddin, Mehmed Ziyaeddin and Ömer Abdülmecid Osmanoğlu.
- 'The UN needs to conduct humanitarian aid' 04.02.2013
/ Speaking at a panel entitled, Mali, Syria and Beyond: Dealing with Current Crises, at the 49th International Munich Security conference on Sunday, Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu stated, Today is the day that the international community needs to reassess the situation in Syria.
- Ankaras intimidation tactics on Assads allies 16.10.2012
/ After forcing a commercial plane to land in Ankara that had departed from Moscow under the grounds it was transporting military materials to Syria last week, yesterday Turkey searched an Armenian cargo plane carrying humanitarian aid to Syria. This recent slew of events has allowed Turkey to deliver the message that humanitarian aid will be permitted to cross over Turkey while weapons will absolutely not.
- Davutoğlu: Do not disperse! 03.11.2012
/ Meeting with members of the Syrian National Council (SNC) prior to the upcoming Doha meeting to restructure the Syrian opposition, Davutoğlu said, Do not disperse, the SNC will continue to uphold a significant position amongst the Syrian opposition.
- "How long are we going to watch an entire generation being wiped out?" 31.08.2012
/ Speaking at a U.N. Security Council meeting on Thursday to discuss the Syrian aid crisis, Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu challenged the U.N. by stating, I was expecting this meeting to produce tangible solutions to the suffering of the Syrian people.
- What is Davutoğlus Middle East plan? 18.02.2013
/ To someone holding a hammer, all of the questions appear to be nails. The missiles in the Assad regimes hands are being rained down on the Syrian public which they are now perceiving as nails. So, what kind of policy is Turkey taking on against the civil war in Syria, a nation that shares its longest border?
- Turkey's Syrian ceasefire diplomacy 20.10.2012
/ While Davutoğlu called for a ceasefire in Syria during the Eid al-Adha from Turkey, at the same time UN and Arab League Special Envoy to Syria Lakhmar Brahimi went to Damascus to lay the proposal on the table.
- Kerry: Turkey plays an important role for peace in the region 08.04.2013
/ During a trip to Istanbul over the weekend, U.S. Secretary of State Kerry congratulated the Turkish government on the ongoing peace process, saying, It takes courage. Peace will change the lives of those in Turkey as well as in surrounding societies.
- A flood of love in Yemen 23.10.2012
/ During a trip to Yemen Foreign Affairs Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu toured the historical market in Sanaa where he was welcomed with a wide display of love.
- A two-state solution may be on board for Cyprus 28.03.2013
/ Ankara is now considering a two-state solution for Cyprus. This new development follows Greek Cyprus using the natural gas in the Mediterranean as collateral to which Ankaras response is that in this case the UN parameter will be lifted.
- Israel is ready to take a step back in the Mediterranean 26.03.2013
/ Prior to last weeks apology, Israel had been testing the waters in Ankara. Sharing the distribution of the natural gas found in the Mediterranean and transporting it to Europe is the main item on Israels agenda.
- Kerry's coming with a full bag 28.02.2013
/ The United States new Secretary of State John Kerry arrives to Ankara tomorrow as part of his first international tour since taking office.
- "One day the UN Secretary General will apologize for Syria 16.02.2013
/ Criticizing the fact that the United Nations has yet to reach a resolution on the situation in Syria, Foreign Minister Davutoğlu said, Just like what happened in Srebrenica, one day the UN Secretary General will be making an apology on the streets of Homs.
- Turkeys visionary foreign policy continues 25.08.2012
/ Referring to when the Assad regime will depart, Foreign Minister Davutoğlu stated, Unfortunately this is a very painful process, they may just have months or even weeks left.
- Turkish businessman kidnapped in Lebanon returns home 12.09.2012
/ Aydın Tufan Tekin, a Turkish businessman who was kidnapped by Lebanons Meqdad Clan, was safely handed over to the Turkish Embassy in Beirut last night.
- Davutoğlu in Doha meets with new Syrian opposition leader 12.11.2012
/ At the end of a seven day meeting in Doha, Syrian opposition leaders struck a hard-won deal on Sunday to form a broad new coalition.
- Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov visits Istanbul 17.04.2013
/ Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, who arrived to Turkey yesterday, is scheduled to meet with Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu today.
- Compensation is not to make up for the blood of our martyrs! 08.05.2013
/ Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu commented on the compensation negotiations with Israel by stating, Israels apology, compensation and lifting of the blockade are not to make up for the blood of our martyrs, each of which have a significant meaning for us as both individuals and as our citizens.
- Davutoğlus first announcement on the Hatay bombing 11.05.2013
/ Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs Ahmet Davutoğlu has made an announcement about the bombings in Hatay.