All news related with Northern Iraq
All news that
include Northern Iraq Please click.
All news that include Northern Iraq
- Turkish F-16's bomb camps in Northern Iraq 27.02.2013
/ Six Turkish fighter jets took off from Diyarbakır and staged an air bombardment on PKK camps situated in the Zap Valley.
- Second PKK group completes withdrawal in nine days 16.05.2013
/ The second group of PKK terrorists to withdraw from Turkish territories made their way to the Uludere-Çukurca-Iraq triangle yesterday morning at 8:00 am from where they crossed over the border into northern Iraq.
- Eight camps being set up to accommodate settlement process 29.04.2013
/ While the timeframe of the PKKs withdrawal from Turkeys borders has begun to clarify, new camps are being set up in Northern Iraq to accommodate the approximately 2,500 terrorist organization members that will be entering the country.
- First PKK group to withdraw enters northern Iraq 15.05.2013
/ The first PKK group to withdraw that set out on May 8 crossed into northern Iraq on Tuesday. The 13-member group said that the route which would normally take five days to trek took them seven due to rising waters.
- Bombing in Kirkuk kills 35 04.02.2013
/ At least 35 people were killed and over 90 wounded in the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk on Sunday when gunmen tried to storm a police headquarters using two bomb-laden vehicles and hand grenades.
- Oil delivery from Northern Iraq begins 27.07.2012
/ Tankers sent by Turkey to the Habur border have returned full in the first-ever delivery of petroleum directly from Northern Iraq.
- Turkey and its firms are our strategic partners 07.05.2012
/ In an interview, Prime Minister of the Northern Iraq Regional Administration Nechervan Barzani referred to Turkish firms as strategic partners.
- 100 PKK terrorists killed 24.08.2011
/ Turkish military operations in northern Iraq have killed some 90-100 PKK members since last weeks launch of artillery and air strikes against the terrorist group, the armed forces said on Tuesday.
- TAF bombardment kills 160 terrorists 30.08.2011
/ Turkey's armed forces said on Monday some 145-160 PKK terrorists were killed in the military's air and artillery strikes in northern Iraq this month, raising the toll from between 90 and 100 rebels.
- Turkeys Ambassador summoned to Iraq Foreign Ministry 27.08.2011
/ Iraq summoned Turkey's ambassador to Baghdad to demand an immediate halt to air strikes along its northern border, Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiyar Zebari said on Thursday.
- Turkey strikes terrorists in Iraq for third night 20.08.2011
/ Turkish warplanes and heavy artillery struck PKK targets in northern Iraq in a third consecutive night of raids, military headquarters said on Saturday.
- Iraq says to cooperate with Turkey on security 21.10.2011
/ Iraq on Thursday condemned a terrorist assault near its border that killed 24 Turkish soldiers and said it would cooperate with Turkey on maintaining security to prevent such attacks in the future.
- Şahin: Land operation possible at any moment 14.09.2011
/ Turkey warned on Tuesday that it was preparing a possible ground operation against PKK terrorists in northern Iraq, depending on the result of talks with Iraq.
- Fresh strikes on PKK targets in Iraq 19.08.2011
/ Turkey launched a second night of air strikes on PKK targets in northern Iraq late on Thursday, as Ankara responded to a surge in activity by terrorists with its first military operation in the region for more than a year.
- Erdogan makes first visit to Northern Iraq region 30.03.2011
/ Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan was welcomed on Tuesday as the first Turkish leader to visit Iraqs Kurdish region, on a trip laden with significance born of Turkeys own history of conflict with its Kurdish minority.
- One-thousand soldiers cross into Iraq 21.10.2011
/ One-thousand Turkish soldiers, 6,000 of which are members of the Special Forces, have crossed into Iraq backed by helicopter gunships to attack PKK targets in the northern region.
- Turkey strikes PKK targets in Iraq 20.08.2011
/ Turkish warplanes and artillery pounded PKK targets in northern Iraq for a second night, hours after the terrorists mounted attacks on security forces in southeastern Turkey.
- Air strike staged on PKK terrorists 04.02.2012
/ The Turkish Armed Forces has staged an air strike on PKK camps in Northern Iraq. The General Staff has announced that Air Forces have hit three hide-outs belonging to the terrorist organization.
- Turkey says hits PKK targets in Iraq, strikes go on 22.09.2011
/ Turkey's military said on Wednesday its war planes had struck 152 PKK terrorist targets in northern Iraq over the past month and that the air strikes would continue.
- Parliament approves military operations in northern Iraq 06.10.2011
/ Turkeys parliament passed a bill extending permission, as it has done several times since 2007, for the Turkish military to mount cross border operations against terrorists in northern Iraq during the coming year.