All news related with Syria
All news that
include Syria Please click.
All news that include Syria
- Syria is a threat to security of NATO nations 24.04.2013
/ NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said on Tuesday that Syrias chemical weapons pose a direct security threat to NATO.
- Davutoğlu delivers impressive address at UN General Assembly 29.09.2012
/ The following is the full transcript of the address by Ahmet Davutoğlu, Minister of Foreign Affairs of The Republic of Turkey at the 67th General Assembly.
- NATO Stands by Turkey 04.10.2012
/ NATO held an emergency meeting Wednesday night to discuss the shelling of the Turkish town of Akçakale.
- Erdoğan to deliver a message on Reyhanlı to Obama 15.05.2013
/ While efforts are ongoing to hold a second Geneva conference organized by the U.S. and Russia in an attempt to form a transitional government in Syria, Prime Minister Erdoğan sets off on a U.S. trip and a highly anticipated meeting with President Obama on Thursday.
- PM Erdoğan strongly condemns Israeli airstrike on Syria 07.05.2013
/ Prime Minister Tayyip Erdoğan condemned on Tuesday Israeli air strikes on targets near Damascus, saying they were an opportunity for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's government to cover up its own killings.
- PM Erdogan: Syria has crossed red line, used chemical weapons 09.05.2013
/ Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan tells NBC's Ann Curry that he has evidence that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his regime have used chemical weapons.
- Syrian prime minister survives bomb attack 29.04.2013
/ Syrian Prime Minister Wael al-Halki survived a bomb attack that targeted his convoy in central Damascus on Monday, Syrian state media and Hezbollah's al-Manar television reported.
- Turkey: Syrian targets struck 03.10.2012
/ The Prime Ministry has released an announcement stating that Turkey has responded to the attack by firing on Syrian targets after deadly shelling from Syria struck the border town of Akçakale, killing five Turkish citizens.
- General Dempsey: America and Turkey are like-minded on Syria 19.09.2012
/ Chairman of the United States Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey released a number of announcements regarding his trip to Turkey from the plane while on his return.
- Who is to pay the costs of the Patriots? 07.02.2013
/ How the costs of the Patriot anti-missile defense battery systems being deployed to Turkey will be dispersed has finally been clarified. The transportation of the battery systems to ports in Turkey as well as all maintenance and catering costs will be paid for by the nation sending the Patriots. Accommodation, infrastructure and domestic transportation costs will be fronted by the Turks.
- Over 1,000 PKK terrorists cross into Syria over the month 27.10.2012
/ According to intelligence reports, the number of PKK terrorists being harbored in camps located in northern Syria has reached ten thousand.
- Turkeys red lines for Syria 06.10.2012
/ 1- Any form of attack will be responded to immediately. 2- An attack on the Tomb of Shah Suleyman will not be unreturned. 3- Permission will not be granted for any PKK-tied developments. 4- If Syria creates problems for their neighbors, soldiers will also be dispatched to assist.
- Syria warned on Qal'at Ja'bar castle 16.10.2012
/ Turkey has maintained contact with Syria regarding the sole Turkish property that remains in the country, Qal'at Ja'bar Castle. When Turkey needs to send soldiers to the fort, Syria is informed prior and directed not to intervene.
- Either supply us with weapons or prevent the jets from flying 01.05.2013
/ The Syria oppositions interim Prime Minister Hassan Hitto: In addition to those from Iran there are also Russian soldiers in the field. We set Turkeys democracy as an example. We will wage our own war; we just need the groundwork to be established.
- A meaningless retaliation from Syria 15.10.2012
/ Syria has announced they have banned Turkish passenger flights from its airspace as of October 14th. For Ankara, this latest move by Damascus will not have much impact as government sources state, We had already redirected our flight path to over the Mediterranean and Jordan.
- Erdoğan and Obama concur Assad must step down 16.05.2013
/ Prime Minister Erdoğan and U.S. President Obama held a joint press briefing following a meeting of delegations that lasted over two hours on Thursday. Syria topped the agenda and both sides agreed that Assad needed to go to allow for a democratic transition in the country in chaos.
- TAF: Turkish jet downed by blast from Syrian missile 19.09.2012
/ The General Staff Military Prosecutor released a report on Tuesday detailing the cause of the crash of a Turkish RF-4E jet on June 22nd.
- Obama sends Erdoğan the message We stand by you 19.09.2012
/ Prime Minister Tayyip Erdoğan held a 40 minute conversation with U.S. President Barack Obama in a scheduled call yesterday to discuss regional issues, especially the situation in Syria, terrorism, the film resulting in harsh backlash throughout the Muslim world, the attack on the U.S. Ambassador in Libya and the fast spreading issue of Islamophobia.
- Davutoğlu in Doha meets with new Syrian opposition leader 12.11.2012
/ At the end of a seven day meeting in Doha, Syrian opposition leaders struck a hard-won deal on Sunday to form a broad new coalition.
- Davutoğlus first announcement on the Hatay bombing 11.05.2013
/ Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs Ahmet Davutoğlu has made an announcement about the bombings in Hatay.